Licensing is a two-step process. First, you must enrol with an approved course provider such as IFSE Institute and register on the Canadian Insurance Participant Registry (CIPR). The IFSE program requires you to successfully pass a series of online exams within the enrolment period to complete the certification process. The number of exams you must complete is dependent on the license you wish to pursue and where you plan to practice. Upon successful completion, IFSE will update your information on CIPR qualifying you for your licensing exams.
The second step is to register for your licensing exams through your provincial insurance regulator. Again, the number of exams you must complete is dependent on the license you wish to pursue and where you plan to practice. In general, you will have one year to pass all your exams. Contact the insurance regulator in your province for more information.
Don’t see the course offering you need? Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tools and Pricing
Select one of the following course offerings.
1. A&S (Common Law)
2. A&S (Civil Code)
3. A&S (Canada)
The CISRO/OCRA manuals contain the core course material covering the topics of each module. They are available online as PDFs.
Questions relating to these manuals will be forwarded to the insurance regulators and we will reply upon receiving a response.
- The study guides summarize the course content in easy-to-understand language along with exam tips, memory aids, and analogies to make the learning fun and efficient.
- The study guides serve as a useful tool to help you understand the CISRO/OCRA manuals and are an excellent pre-exam review.
- Over 1,000 flash cards are provided, which allow you to gain a great deal of knowledge very quickly.
- The flash cards are designed to mimic a tutor by asking simple questions and providing simple explanations.
- The flash cards are an excellent stepping stone between reading the material and working with the exam preparation questions.
- Over 1,000 exam preparation questions are provided with detailed answer keys/solutions.
- The questions range in difficulty from “learning-style” to “exam-level.”
- The questions are positioned as a learning tool, as you will receive feedback after each question.
- The practice exams are designed to reflect the focus and difficulty level of the certification and provincial exams.
- After each question, you will be provided with an explanation/solution, which can be used to solidify or correct your understanding of a concept.
The full suite of LLQP eLearning training videos will teach you the Key Concepts in the LLQP in as little as 7-hours!
- Bite-sized mini-lessons (most are 5 – 10 minutes in length). Perfect for students looking to reduce their study time!
- Organized by module and topic, great for learning and pre-exam review!
- “Ask SeeWhy” video response modules. SeeWhy Learning’s experienced trainers respond to actual student questions for the benefit of all students. And you can submit your questions too!
|Suggested study time||30 hours per module|
|Enrolment period||1 year|
WHO SHOULD ENROL
- Individuals seeking to become a licensed accident and sickness insurance agent
- Individuals wanting to learn about accident and sickness insurance
|Time permitted||75 minutes|
|Number of questions||20 – 30|
|Question format||Multiple choice|
NOTE: Each module contains a certification exam. You must successfully pass all certification exams before IFSE can certify you. For A&S (Common Law or Civil Law), you must pass both (2) certification exams. For A&S (Canada), you must pass all 3 certification exams.
If you have never taken a course with the IFSE Institute, please follow the steps below. If you have taken an IFSE course before, please log into your existing account with your username and password, click on ENROL IN A COURSE and begin at Step #4.
- From the homepage (www.ifse.ca) click on the button "LOGIN/REGISTER".
- Then click "Become a Student".
- Supply all mandatory fields (indicated by a * next to the field) and click "Next" to proceed.
- If you have been given a contract code and password by your organization, enter it where required and click "Yes". If you do not have a contract code, click "No".
- Select the course name that you want to enrol in.
- Enter the quantity of any optional products that you wish to purchase and click “Next”. If you do not wish to purchase any optional products click “Next”
- Complete your profile information as indicated on the screen. Take care in completing your mailing and shipping address to ensure that any materials that you have ordered will be delivered promptly and correctly. Click the "Save" button to proceed to the shopping cart.
- Verify your shopping cart information and click on "Process Payment".
- Review the Terms and Conditions completely.
- To accept the Terms and Conditions, check the box and click "Yes". If you do not want to accept the Terms and Conditions, click "No". Your course enrolment will be cancelled.
- Provide your credit card information and click on "Pay Now". Please do not touch the screen until your payment has been processed. A copy of the receipt will appear and can be printed for your records. The receipt will also be stored in your student record for future reference.
Yes, you may request a course extension of 3 months. You are entitled to one course extension per enrolment. Course extensions for Investment Banking and Exempt Market Programs are subject to an $85 (plus tax) fee. Course extensions for Insurance programs are subject to a $70 (plus tax) fee. A course extension must be purchased at least 15 calendar days prior to (and not including) the course expiration date. Note: Continuing Education (CE) courses are not eligible for course extensions.
All content-related inquiries may be sent to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the following information so we may better assist you:
- Student name
- Student number
- Course you're enrolled in
- Exact location of question in the course (unit, lesson, page title)
- Your question
You will receive an email from IFSE when your exam results are available.
Exam results for paper-based and computer-based exams are available online within 3 to 5 business days following the exam to students with no outstanding fees.
Exam results for online exams are available immediately upon submission.
You can access your exam results by logging into your IFSE account at www.ifse.ca. Once you have logged in:
- Select: "Courses".
- Select: "Show me my Marks for this Course" (this link only appears when your exam has been graded).
You will be entitled to a partial refund of your course enrolment fees if you cancel your web-based course within 15 calendar days of enrolling (including the registration date) or your paper-based course within 30 calendar days of enrolling (including the registration date).
IFSE charges a $75 (plus tax) administration fee on all eligible course cancellations.
You are not eligible for a refund if you have completed an examination attempt.
Note: The Life License Insurance Qualification Course (LLQP) and all Continuing Education (CE) courses are not eligible for refunds.