Tools and Pricing
|Standard Course Price||$385|
|IFIC Members Course Price||$285|
|Suggested study time||30 to 40 hours|
|Enrolment period||1 year|
|Practice exam||Yes, 100 questions|
Click here!Have questions?
WHO SHOULD ENROL
- Operations and back office staff
- Branch administrators
- Advisor assistants
- Anyone looking for a greater understanding of mutual fund operations
|Format||Online unproctored exam|
|Time permitted||180 minutes|
|Question format||Multiple choice|
WHAT WILL I LEARN
- Mutual fund basics
- Mutual fund management
- Distribution of mutual funds
- Regulation of Canada’s mutual fund industry
- Setting up accounts
- Buying and redeeming mutual funds
- Registered plans and mutual funds
- Estate accounts
- Taxation of mutual fund investors
Follow these instructions.
- Select the LOGIN/REGISTER box.
- For returning students, login using your username and password. Select “Enrol in a Course” in the menu bar.
For new students choose "Become a Student" and supply all mandatory information in the following screens.
- If you have a contract code and password, enter it where required and click "Yes". If you do not have a contract code, click "No".
- Select the course you want to enrol in. Click “Next”.
- If optional products are available for purchase, they will appear for you to select. Click “Next”.
- Complete your profile information as indicated on the screen. Take care in completing your mailing and shipping address to ensure that any materials that you have ordered will be delivered promptly and correctly. Click the "Save" button to proceed to the shopping cart.
- Verify your shopping cart information and click on "Process Payment".
- Review the Terms and Conditions completely. To accept the Terms and Conditions, check the box and click "Yes". If you do not want to accept the Terms and Conditions, click "No". Your course enrolment will be cancelled.
- Provide your credit card information and click on "Pay Now". Please do not touch the screen until your payment has been processed. A copy of the receipt will appear and can be printed for your records. The receipt will also be stored in your student record for future reference.
All content-related inquiries may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the following information so we may better assist you:
- Student name
- Student number
- Course you're enrolled in
- Exact location of question in the course (unit, lesson, page title)
- Your question
Exam results for Computer-based Test Centre Proctored and Computer-based Online Proctored exams are available online within 2 business days following the exam if you have no outstanding fees.
Exam results for Online Unproctored exams are available immediately upon submission.
Exam results for Paper-based Proctored exams are available online within 3 to 5 business days if you have no outstanding fees.
When your grade has been released, you can access your exam results by logging into your IFSE account. Once you have logged in:
- Select “My IFSE”
- Select “Courses”
- Select “Show me my Marks for this Course” (this link only appears when your results are available).
Printed text materials or textbooks are hardcopy versions of the online course material. They are optional to purchase and take between five to seven business days to be delivered. They do not include any interactive components (i.e., exercises, quizzes, case study and practice exam) from the online course. Instead, you are instructed to go online to complete those elements. This product is not refundable.
No, an online unproctored exam is an exam that is taken via www.ifse.ca. The exam is available 24/7 and may be completed from any location where there is internet access. You receive your grade immediately upon submission.
You can access your online unproctored exam by logging into your IFSE account. Once you have logged in:
- Select "Launch this Course".
- Once you launch the course, you can access your Examination or Assessment.
There is no cost to re-write an online unproctored exam with the exception of the Labour Sponsored Investment Funds Course (LSIF), Canadian Deposits Self-Study Course offered by the Registered Deposit Brokers Association (RDBA) and the 90 Day Training Course (3 attempts allowed for each of the 9 case study exams). Click here to view the cost to re-write the online exam for these courses. You must contact us to pay the re-write fee. Once the re-write fee is paid, IFSE will reset your exam.
IFSE Institute cannot be held responsible for technical problems that you experience with your equipment or internet service. You can check out the user requirements here.