September 13th, 2017

How do I become registered as a mutual fund dealing representative?

You must first complete your proficiency requirement by passing the Canadian Investment Funds Course (CIFC) exam. The CIFC is an online self-study course with a formal proctored exam. You have one-year from the date of enrolment to successfully pass the exam. When you are ready for your exam, you can register into an available exam session that is convenient for you.

After you successfully pass your exam, you must be sponsored by a mutual fund dealer to complete the application process.